What does the immune system mean?
The immune system is one of the systems that every human and animal body possesses. This mainly protects you against harmful causes. This could mean any foreign or internal bacterias, viruses, cancer cells.
Therefore, activation of the immune system is essential for destroying harmful micro-organisms.
Healthy foods rich in certain vitamins can give your immune system a boost. Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, copper, folic acid, zinc, and selenium, all work to improve immune function. So, increasing the amount of these types of foods is highly advisable.
In addition, these components play a major role in the functioning of the heart, brain and also bone development.
So, increasing the intake of these types of foods will be extremely important.
Did you know that Green tea helps to boost your immune system?
According to Green Tea Nutrition Facts, It has tons of nutrients, such as EGCG, antioxidants, and alkaloids. They also work on overall health.
Further, there are many vitamins in green tea that boosts your immune system such as vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B, and vitamin C. and also minerals include Manganese, Zinc, and Chromium.
Above all, EGCG from green tea enhances the immune system’s cell production.
Home-made Immune System Boosting tea recipe
- Green tea leaves
- Ginger (Peeled or Coarsely)
- Lemon Juice/Slice
- Raw Honey
Steps of making teacup
- Boil the water and add Ginger into it. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour it to a teacup and add green tea (2-3 grams per cup of 250ml), then steep for 3 minutes.
- Then remove the tea bags/leaves and add Lemon juice/Slice or Honey, this helps to blunt the bitterness.
- You can drink this warm, hot, or chill in the refrigerator. Serve over ice
Tea infusions with ingredients like cinnamon, peppercorn, clove, etc also boost immunity.
Here are the top 08 health benefits of tea:
- Tea contains antioxidants properties
- Reduce blood pressure
- Tea has less caffeine
- Tea may reduce your risk of heart and boost heart health
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Tea help to weight loss
- Protect your bones
- Soothe the digestive system